What is the Best Large Electric Heater For Your Home?
31st Mar 2023
Heating any space in a cost-effective and efficient manner can be tricky, especially if the room or home in question is larger than average.
In this guide, we’ll cover some common sense tips on how to heat large spaces effectively, as well as highlight our new EnviMAX electric wall heater, which is one of the best large electric heaters on the market today.
First let’s explore the problem at hand: why is it so difficult to heat large spaces?
The Difficulty of Heating Larger Homes
The allure of living in a larger home is strong, especially if you plan on having a large family or love to entertain guests. However, with such large homes comes a variety of challenges, including the issue of comfort.
It is expensive to heat a large home all winter long with gas or oil. Even when you do keep the heat going, certain rooms can experience cooler temperatures due to a variety of factors. The main issue being, it’s simply more difficult to evenly heat larger spaces, especially in rooms with high or vaulted ceilings. The heat rises and has more places to escape to, and before you know it, you’re wasting energy.
Another issue is that many large homes tend to be on the older side, which means that they were originally designed with less than adequate insulation or central heating. While this isn’t always the case, there are still quite a few “large” homes that fall into this category.
Related to this, larger homes simply have more windows and doors, which means more chances for heat to escape or for drafts to occur. Depending on the size of your home, you could have three or four times as many windows as a typical one bedroom or two bedroom house. That’s a lot of room for something to go awry in terms of your ability to comfortably heat your home.
This combination can result in spending a lot of money for what feels like lackluster heating. Newer homes that are built with modernized central heating don’t have as much of an issue, but depending on how large your main living spaces are, you may still feel as though you could use a little extra heat, especially if you would prefer not to manage a fireplace all of the time.
Tips For Heating Large Spaces
Heating a large home can be challenging, especially during the colder months. However, there are several tips and strategies you can use to keep your home warm and comfortable without breaking the bank. Here are some tips for heating large homes:
- Upgrade your insulation: A well-insulated home is much easier to keep warm. Make sure your home is properly insulated by checking for drafts and adding insulation to your attic, walls, and floors if needed.
- Use a programmable thermostat: A programmable thermostat can help you save money on your heating bills by allowing you to program your heating system to turn on and off at specific times of the day.
- Seal air leaks: Air leaks can let cold air into your home and warm air out. Seal air leaks around doors, windows, and other areas where cold air may be getting in.
- Use ceiling fans: Ceiling fans on the lowest setting can help distribute warm air throughout your home by pushing it down from the ceiling.
- Consider zoning your heating system: Zoning your heating system allows you to heat different areas of your home separately. This can be particularly useful if you have rooms that you don't use as often.
- Invest in a high-efficiency heating system: A high-efficiency heating system can help you save money on your heating bills by using less energy to heat your home.
- Use curtains and blinds: Close curtains and blinds at night to keep the heat inside your home. During the day, open them to let the sun warm your home naturally.
- Use space heaters: Space heaters can be an effective way to heat individual rooms without having to heat your entire home. You may have tried various space heaters in the past with mixed results, however below we will highlight one that might be a real difference-maker in terms of heating your larger spaces more effectively.
Our Large Electric Heater Solution
Once you ensure that your large home is properly insulated and that you are following best practices for keeping as much heat in as possible, you may want to consider adding in a new and powerful heating solution.
Our EnviMAX 220v electric panel wall heater is the premiere solution to reducing energy costs and maintaining a comfortable environment in your home, no matter how big it is!
While our other Envi models are perfect for heating individual rooms or smaller homes, the EnviMAX excels at being able to provide evenly distributed, cost-effective heat to much larger areas, up to 350 square feet!
If you have a beautiful but oversized living room, for instance, this large electric heater might be the best solution for you. With a smart True-Temperature-Controlling Thermostat, low wattage, Wall-Sens™ technology, and stylish modern design, the EnviMAX is designed specifically to heat larger spaces more effectively than other kinds of space heaters.
What are some of the other benefits of this new heating solution?
- American Owned & Built: high-quality components and meticulous design for years of consistent use.
- Safe for kids and pets - the perfect family heating solution for large homes.
- Built-in temperature control makes operating a cinch.
- Incredible 3-year, industry leading warranty ensures customer satisfaction.
- Friendly to light sleepers: this heater won’t keep you up at night with a bunch of noise, it’s whisper-quiet and also has an auto-dimming power light feature.
- The healthy solution: fanless, non-forced air design that doesn’t spew dust into your home.
- Extremely efficient: 100% convection heating.
The choice seems clear, the EnviMAX works as one of the best electric wall heaters for large homes and spaces. If you want to learn more about how this wall panel heater can help you save on your heating bills or simply make your home more comfortable, give us a call at 1-800-807-0107 and we would be happy to assist you with any questions you have.